The Objective of the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta are to:
- Fosters the development of excellence in the provision of psychological services
- Broaden the scope of the applications of psychological knowledge and skill
- Promote the integrity and esteem of the profession of psychology
- Represent the interests of the profession of psychology with groups, organizations and levels of government
- Provide services, support and benefits to psychologists
- Advance psychological knowledge
- Promote matters which are of common interest to the public and the profession of psychology
- Provide a referral service to match individuals with the psychological services they require
Who should see a psychologist?
Many events and situations in our lives present significant challenges, and sometimes those challenges require professional support. Psychologists are committed to helping people improve their well-being and deal with problems effectively.
What is the referral service?
The referral service assists individuals in finding a well qualified psychologist to meet their special and unique needs. Callers will be referred to a psychologist who is a licensed, experienced, and ethical professional.