Free Legal Workshops - November and December - Spread the Word!
With 2013 quickly coming to a close, I wanted to send a final reminder of the last few FREE legal workshops the Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) is holding in the next two months. As always, these hour-long presentations are free to attend, are presented by a lawyer with expertise in the area, and are followed by a Q&A session. They are ideal for individuals dealing with any of the problems covered, as well as for service providers assisting clients.
The ECLC is now also on Twitter (@ECLCLaw), Facebook, and Google+, for you to stay up-to-date on other free upcoming events that may be of interest to your organization and clients.
Finally, I would like to let you know about the free services we offer low-income clients who may have been denied or overpaid social benefits like AISH, Income Support/SFI, CPP, and OAS. We can inform clients about their rights, and can help with the appeal hearing. A poster for the service is attached, and is also available here
Free Legal Workshops – November and December 2013
• Your Rights at Work – Downtown Library, November 12 at 7pm
• Wills and Estates – Capilano Library, November 14 at 7pm
• Introduction the Canadian Justice System – Downtown Library, December 10 at 7pm
• Family Law: Child Custody and Access – Downtown Library, December 5 at 6:30pm
• Family Law: Child and Spousal Support – Downtown Library, November 14 and December 12 at 6:30pm
• Family Law: Dividing Property – Downtown Library, November 21 and December 19 at 6:30pm
• Family Law: Representing Yourself in Court – Downtown Library, November 28 at 6:30pm
Thank you again for helping us spread the word about these sessions! Have a great holiday season!